Friday, September 10, 2010

Challenges and Blessings

You'd think I would be more tolerant of the challenges in life, as they so often lead to some new insight or something good in life. I know you know what I mean.

Here is a simple one. I was putting together some of my kits one night and cursing all of the threads that were accumulating as I tore the fabric. Those threads are all over my house -- you should see the roller on my vacuum! I stand up and pull all sorts of things along behind me.

So I get up the next morning and need to get a sample scarf done. I'd been thinking about tide pools -- printed out a cool picture and was thinking about how to get that sea weed kind of texture. Well guess what? I ran and started picking up those threads. All sorts of beautiful colors. Looked amazing.

One day cursing, next day blessing. Go figure!
Here are some pics -- I didn't get a great one of the finished scarf

6 comments:

  1. OOOOOO that is so so pretty, yeah for scraps :))
    Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was fun to add all of that texture and I did learn something from the experience! Send pics of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So True. I love Tide Pools and hope to get to the coast next month for more inspiration. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Connie -- the tide pool inspiration comes from you. Look forward to seeing you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it does look amazing! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blue scarf is to die (dye) for. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete