Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Sneak Preview


OK, I'll admit it. I've allowed myself some creative downtime. The first 8 months of running this business were pretty rugged, and I needed some rest. So I've allowed myself to accomplish less, but my creativity has soared. I found a book on color which I really love -- it makes me happy just to peruse the pages. It's called "Color: Messages and Meanings" by Leatrice Eiseman. I got it from my local library.

I'll be introducing some new products over the next month. I've been thinking about ways to make my little kits more user friendly. So I've come up with what I hope will work. I'll be packaging the silk and wool separately and putting together larger quantities of each. It should actually take less time to package, so I can still keep the pricing very competitive. It should be easier to choose a color way, because the color messages will be strong. The silk packages will contain many colors in varying size pieces and will be enough to make more than one piece.
The little journal above was made from one of the new kits. It took me about 30 to 45 minutes to put together. It is partly needle felted and partly wet felted. It was so fun to play with all of this color!
Any opinions about the color message here?
Have a wonderful day and try to allow some creative play time -- it is good for the soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment