Sunday, May 31, 2009

What to do with this?

I had fun yesterday playing with some beautiful colors. I made what I thought was going to be a book jacket (which you see pictured), but I'm not sure that's the thing to do. It is a rectangular piece that wraps around the book and I put the silk on in a border. It is amazing to me what a difference proportion makes in a piece. Is it a part of a purse, a book, a wall piece? What do you think? I have some more pink dupioni silk, I will ponder what to make. Any ideas? This will eventually become a project kit when I figure out what it is!




It looks like this piece I made a few weeks ago will turn into a purse. Thanks to Lu Peters (http://www.lupeters.com/) for the wonderful charm -- it just makes the piece. It is really wonderful to have these nuno felted fabrics -- they can be cut and shaped as you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment