Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fun Summer Class

Last week I helped teach a teen camp at the Craft Guild of Dallas. The class was called "Bag it Up" -- a week of making exciting new purses. There were 4 very talented young ladies in the class. My classes were on making a felted ipod or phone bag (more on this later -- they were so cute and I want to show you guys how we did it). We also made "fabric paper" purses. This purse idea came from the book "Stitch Alchemy". Basically you create your fabric paper by starting with muslin, then gluing on tissue paper and any other kinds of paper you might like. We also used some of my lightweight silks. Then painted, stamped, journaled on -- whatever! This is a good summer project as it is very freeform and fun.
These are the fabric paper purses before the girls added more embellishments:

Here are the girls with their finished purses:


2 comments:

  1. I teach this age too in Ukraine, but we're from Oklahoma City. I'm following now. Would love it if you followed on my blog Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just saw this Coleen. I will join in your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete